CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESPONSE
Information and Resources for Parents and Caregivers
If you are a parent who provides necessary services to, or cares for, members of our communities and your child care has fallen through or is unavailable because of COVID-19 closures, call 1-888-600-1685 to be connected with the right fit for you and your child. Download flier (.pdf)
Text FOODNC to 877-877. After you enter your address, you will get a text back with the location and serving times of nearby sites offering free meals for children ages 18 and younger. Sites are set up across NC.
Envía texto a COMIDA al 877-877. Ingrese su dirección y recibirá un mensaje de texto con la ubicación y los horarios de los sitios cercanos que ofrecen comidas gratis para niños hasta los 18 años.
Visit the Diaper Bank of NC’s website for a list of places that are distributing diapers to families in need.
Information and Resources for Child Care Providers
For up-to-date information and guidance from the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education please visit their Coronavirus Information for Child Care page.
This toolkit is intended to help licensed/regulated child care facilities make informed decisions about COVID-19 and minimize the risk of exposure to both the staff and the children in their care.
Please post this sign with important health information on the front door of your child care facility. / Por favor publique este papel con información importante en su puerta principal de tu edificio de centro de cuidado infantil.
Financial and Small Business Resources and Assistance
- The Chamber for a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro | Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Website — includes masks, sanitizer, etc
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation | Save Small Business Fund
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Webinar | Paying Yourself, Your Staff, and Your Bills: Helping Child Care Programs Understand and Navigate SBA Loan Options
- The Chamber for a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro | COVID-19 Resources for Local Businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration | Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- U.S. Small Business Administration | Paycheck Protection Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration | Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Emergency Advance
- United Way of the Greater Triangle | Apply for Funding Through the Rapid Response Fund